Wednesday, January 5, 2011

i am a stalker.

today i am working on this:
which will get flipped upside down and go here:
i am so looking forward to having these shelves done and filled with the contents of my remaining boxes.
every little step helps this house feel more like our home.

i bought some sheet sets for $3 on clearance yesterday.
i'm planning to use them as window treatments for the window at the top of our stairs.
hope it works, because that's one cheap curtain.

also, i'm a total creeper.
i'm a little embarrased to tell you this, but i'm going to anyway.
meg deurksen, please don't be frightened, but i stalked your house.
there, i said it.
on our way home from kansas, we stopped in newton for some gas.
then my husband, who loves me so much, agreed to drive around in the historic part of town to see if we could spot meg's house.
AND WE DID!!!!!!!
i was so stinkin excited.
if you've read my blog for long, you know i big puffy heart meg's whatever blog. 
okay, these pics aren't great.
aj wouldn't stop in front of their house since we had already driven by THREE times..... so i had to take them while he was driving.

so here are my thoughts after seeing her house for real and in person:
1. it is huge
2. i want to see the inside
3. i want to move to newton and be her neighbor
4. that probably wouldn't happen because she'd probably put a restraining order out against me.
5. i'm still on a bit of a celebrity high. :) Pin It

9 comments:

  1. oh my.

    you are funny.

    :)

    i admit to looking all over the place for pioneer woman's house as i drove through oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weirdo.

    and i say that because I was not with you. otherwise I would say you are awesome to find Meg's house.

    did you know there is an etcetera shop in Newton? we should go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so do the same thing...you're too funny! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is funny! I would do it too but I am sure my husband would not let me. We do love older homes though so that would be a good excuse....like we will ever be in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! her house is SO beautious, who could blame you!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I knew where you lived, I would stalk YOU. Because I big fat puffy heart love your blog and that you keep it real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled at the new way you're making your home more of a home. It has the best person doing the remodel. That house already loves that you are in it - I can tell.

    And the "creeping" - so funny.

    God Bless you and all of yours Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her house too. I keep telling Chad all about it. I refer to it as "my favorite house."

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)