Wednesday, January 12, 2011

oh winter. . .

we've had a weird, mild winter.
we had such a hot, hot summer that i kept saying "i bet we'll have a mild winter."
i should have been a meteorologist.
we had our first snow this week.
it wasn't much....not even enough to build a snowman.
but it's something and it's fun for the boys.
i am not a cold weather girl.
i am happy for the snow because it gets the boys outside & playing.
i prefer to be inside with hot chocolate.
the favorite item to play on was our yard ornament.
a.k.a. aj's broken down car.
yes, we live in arkansas and we have a broken down car in our yard.
ha ha ha ha ha.
it may not have been much snow but it is co-o-o-old!
like 10 degrees. no bueno.

i'm still painting the shelves for the living room.
it will be so worth it when i'm done.
and i'm almost done.
both sides are installed. ....just have to finish up a few shelves.
can't wait to show you the finished product!

and by the way . . .
i haven't gotten out of my pajamas all week.
that is how i feel about winter.
that is all. :) Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That was the stupidest snow ever. If I'M willing to drive on it, you know it's pathetic. I emerged from my warm, little burrow yesterday only because one of my friend's books was releasing, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. But I'm glad to be back in said burrow and wish I could stay here until Spring.

    Boo, cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yard ornament is perfect – and I promise I wasn’t thinking what you thought :)

    OK – a little.

    And the shelves – from the time they were delivered until now – I never say this – I’m not a crafty buildy guy - but I really want to see them finished.

    And smiles again – just from the reading.

    Thank you much for this – and to you and yours I really do pray blessings today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in my pj's all day just about every day this week too. Of course, I was sick so that helped too. I did make a fabric heart garland w/ Zac and bought supplies to make a heart wreath and will do that soon (that illness thing got in the way). Start crafting for V-day - it'll make you happy! Or start running. At least those 2 things seem to make me happy. OH yeah, and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)