Saturday, January 22, 2011

party for an 8 year old

last week we had a birthday party for our 8 year old boy.
to keep it simple & low-stress & loads of fun, we decided to have it at Boingo Bounce.
we just invited the boys in his class at school....again, keeping it simple & low-stress.
they had a ball.
avery chose a lego theme.
he loves the legos. and so do i.
i think legos are the best invention ever.
i used living lucurto for all the printables....love that site.
cupcakes...from sam's.

 yummy jelly beans. orange crush & berry blue. mmmmmm.
avery wanted to use one of his lego creations to decorate the table. :)
the goody bags were a sack of lego candy that you can actually build with.......very fun. 
{got it and the jelly beans at the bulk candy store, fyi.}
do you notice my boys' shirts match the party colors?
clearance off of clearance at old navy. :)

it was a very easy, laid-back party & we all had a great time.  :) Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Happy B-day Avery. Great job on the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lego idea. I may use it for my husbands 30th birthday! He loves legos!

    -Lisa

    From: http://charlie-the-cavalier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Avery!

    And, lol, Sara, you are the only person I know who would match her sons' clothing to the party color theme. Of course, I will probably never have a party color theme period after the Pea's first birthday party. Like the Legos thing, though. Those are some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two sons and one husband who also love legos - likely will be doing a lego party this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute! So simple too! I love it!

    ...and that sweet picture of Avery at the end...he's such a beautiful kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lego party. Its one of the theme's I'm considering for my soon-to-be 6yr old.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)