Wednesday, October 21, 2009

3 Neon Yellow Jackets

My husband is a runner. 
As in, up at 5 a.m., running in the dark kind of runner.
I'm so proud of him.  Slightly jealous of his drive & determination, but proud nonetheless. :)
This year he decided to run a second half-marathon.
This one was in Kansas City. He ran with his dad and family friend, Michele.

Wow, those are some bright jackets.
Don't they look cute? ;)
Makes them easy to spot on the race. 
I'm going to make him wear that jacket every time he runs now so that I know that all those crazy drivers out there will see him when he's running at dark-thirty.

It was VERY cold waiting for AJ to cross the finish line. 
It was fun to watch all the runners though.
One guy crossed smoking a cigar.


This is the face Sawyer had the entire time we were waiting. 
Like, "why is it that you have me out in this weather?"

It was so exciting to see AJ come running down the lane.   He's such a stud.


 
 
We had a great time in KC.
It was a good chance to see AJ's parents.  Lots of good food.
Really wish we would have had time for the plaza.
We're making plans to come back minus the chitlins.

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. You saying "dark-thirty" makes me like you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, yes, KC minus the chitlins with the Murrays? when. you name it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...david was signed in. that wasn't from innocent little chapelboy, but from his wifey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you had family in KC! That's where my hibby grew up and his fam still lives there. What part of KC are your in-laws from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just typed hibby and not hubby. This darn iPhone keyboard!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually they live in a small town in central Kansas. We just met there for the race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually they live in a small town in central Kansas. We just met there for the race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a bit jealous of the determination as well. ha! My friend is trying to talk me into running in the LR half, but I am going to have to bust it to get in good enough condition. I don't think I can do it if it means getting up at "dark thirty". ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...and you guys are all adorable at the finish line. What a great wife you are! Freezing and all!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)