Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Granola

Yummy, yummy granola.
This is my sister in law, Tonya's recipe.  
It's so good.
We almost always have it in our pantry. 
The kids love it.  They ask for it over anything else.
We are a big cereal-eating family.
I feel good because they are getting something so healthy & filling for breakfast.

Heat your oven to 350.
Put 6 cups oatmeal, 1/2 cup wheat germ, & 1/2 cup chopped nuts on a cookie sheet.
Sometimes I throw on some sunflower seeds as well, depending on my mood.
Toast in the oven for 15 minutes.
While that's toasting, get out a big ol' bowl and mix the following ingredients:
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup oil (I use canola)
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
When the granola's done toasting, dump it in the bowl with the other ingredients.
Mix it all up and then spread it back out on the pan.
Bake in a 300 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. 
And by turning, I mean pull the whole pan out of the oven, and gingerly mix around with your spoon.
Do not attempt to "turn" the granola while it's still in the oven.  Just trust me.
I almost always just do the 20 minutes because I'm impatient like that.
This is seriously yummy.
Go make some. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Totally trying this! I heart granola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this! We hardly ever have cold cereal, but this looks yummy and healthy! Do you add fruit to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, a lot of times we do...mostly in the summer when strawberries and blueberries are so plentiful. The boys added raisins to theirs yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. Sounds good. I need to make some for Oliver. He loathes oatmeal. Thanks for posting this recipe, Sara. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)