Friday, October 9, 2009

Today.

It's been a great day.

We started off with a little bit of homeschooling.  We didn't get much done b/c I slept until Finley climbed in my bed and it was 7:30 already.  Avery didn't wake up until 7:50 and Sawyer, 8:30...a rare morning, indeed.

We slowly got around on this rainy, cold, Fall morning.

I was half-dressed with wet-hair when I realized we needed to leave in 5 minutes for Avery's basketball practice and the boys were still in their jammies.  My hair went in a bun, makeup put on at the stop lights and we were only 5 minutes late.

Finley brought a tub full of toys to play with during Avery's practice and Sawyer was extra-content.  It was just one of those mornings when we all had happy hearts.

After practice we met our AJ for lunch which made my day for sure.  We ate at Zaxby's which is just a little slice of Heaven if you ask me.  Their sweet tea is perfect.

After lunch AJ had a little time before he had to get back to work so we walked around the dollar store.  I let the boys each pick out one thing to buy.  I never do that.  They do not need one more toy and definitely not a cheapie from the dollar store, but I just wanted to say yes to them this time.  They were beyond excited.  They both picked guns. oh thrill.  Avery's was an army kit and Finley's was a police kit.  They held their prizes all the way home excitedly talking all about what they were going to play with them.  Finley said "thank you" and "i'm so esited(excited)" all the way home.  Avery told me "thank you" a bunch too.  It's good to say "Yes" sometimes.....even to silly things like that.

The sad news is that Finley's worked and Avery's didn't.  But, I guess that's a good lesson about buying things from the dollar store.  But he was still a happy boy.

Okay, this picture with the guns a little creeps me out.
But they are boys and they are designed to be protectors.  So I let them be boys.

God has really been doing a work in AJ and I.
I am a different girl these days.
I am learning to be  quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.  (James 1:19)
I am finding victory.  
AJ and I are noticing a difference in the boys.
God is gracious to keep doing this good work in us.


Tonight AJ & the boys did this.

They were ecstatic when AJ told them what they were gonna do.
We've never set it up inside before.  Little efforts are so worth the joy on their faces.

 
They got to eat dinner in there with a movie.  so fun.


 Now they are going to bed in their fleece jammies.

And my love and I are in for some coffee, pumpkin bread, and snuggling close.

It's been a good day.

p.s. Sawyer stayed in his jammies all day and then went to bed in the same ones.  Just thought you should know.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Ditto what Karen said. All three of my kids woke up, played, and went to bed in their same pj's all day yesterday. We even went to Craker Barrel for breakfast in them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: all FOUR of my children. I have four children now. Crazy...but crazy love her!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)