Thursday, October 29, 2009

little things

Avery had been asking to paint his face for a while.
Finally on Sunday, I said go for it.
I found an old tube of face paints I'd had stashed away in my craft box.
He had the best time.


I love saying yes to something so simple and then getting to witness their joy.

It doesn't take much to make these boys happy.
There are enough no's in a day.
It's good to inconvenience yourself and say yes.


I didn't even take a picture of all the different looks Avery had.

I sure do love those crazy cats. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Micah wanted to paint yesterday "with his fingers" and he of course wasn't satisfied with 1 color - he wanted different colors for each finger. I literally said, "oh, screw it (under my breath) - screw having a clean house, screw getting done what I was going to, etc."
    Man those boys had a blast and made a mess doing it and I was so happy to not care.
    Then we got the kite stuck in the tree.
    What a great day and you are right - so worth it.
    I need to do that more often. mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so creative! But I must admit, the clown=a little scary.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)