Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy


Today, on your birthday, I hope you know how much you're loved. 
You are the best daddy a girl could ask for.
Thank you for being a tangible example of my Heavenly Father's love.
I've never had trouble understanding God's fatherly love for me because I had such a good example of that kind of tender, unconditional love from you.
When I try to imagine God's comfort, I think back to our Sunday afternoon naps in the blue recliner.
One of my favorite memories with you is dancing on your feet in the kitchen on South College. 
I remember feeling so loved.  You told me that when I feel that love from you, it's a glimpse of the Father's love for me. What a great picture.
Another favorite memory is you tucking me in every night and praying over me....and making me take my slippers off! 
Thank you for being such a good girl-daddy.
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for encouraging.
Thank you for loving me and being someone I could always tell anything to.
Thank you for delighting in me.
Thank you for teaching me to hold out for God's best.
Thank you for being such a good grandaddy to my boys.
I love you,
your Petunia

Pin It

1 comment:

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)