Friday, June 25, 2010

friday randomness . . . again

alternate title: in which you discover what kind of mom i really am.

********************************************************************************
what is up with silly bands???
are they the slap bracelets of 2010?
i don't get it.
but i'm using the craze to my advantage.
[insert evil laugh here]
i bought the one dollar pack and i'm letting them earn them.
one silly band for one chore.
mwaaa ha ha ha ha!
*********************************************************************************
 toy story 3 is taking over the world.
it's taking over cereal. it's taking over the post office. it's taking over every possible kid related product.
they are marketing the heck out of that movie.
and yes we did see it on opening weekend.
i'd show you the pic but aj has his eyes closed and i think he'd appreciate it if i left that out.
and i cried at an animated film. stop laughing.

*********************************************************************************

this morning sawyer woke up a little after 6. 
typical.
he was kind of fussing a little bit.
i went ahead and hopped in the shower hoping he'd fall back asleep.
when i got out, he was screaming so loud. he sounded mad.
i looked at the clock, it's 10 til 7. i'll go ahead and get him up.
(i make my kids stay in bed until 7 but sawyer gets a little grace since he's the baby)
i walk down the hall & realize he's screaming really loud.
i go in and he has somehow wedged his knee in between the slats on his crib.
like wedged, wedged.
 it may or may not have looked a little swolen from his efforts to get it out.
and maybe a little bit red. maybe. 
i could not get it out. 
visions of having to break the crib were flashing through my head.
but i quickly grabbed his lotion and slathered him up and was finally able to push it out.

sigh. sometimes i feel like a good mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 
 
also this morning, all 3 boys were in my big tub in my bathroom.
they were pretending they were cows with the bubbles all over their faces.
then avery says with a big grin on his face,
"hey mom, we have ryhming names.  my name is ducky. fin is yucky and sawyer is f---y." 
awesome.  and he kept saying it.
slightly happy that my seven year old is so innocent that he's never even heard that word before.
mostly mortified at hearing that word come out of his mouth.
=======================================================================
last night we were at the park with some friends.
sawyer fell on the play set and busted his lip or gums or something.
his mouth was bleeding all over the place.
avery & finley kept saying he looked like a clown.
and i didn't even clean him up!
i KNOW. the horror!
but, in my defense, i had nothing to clean him with and he only cried when i tried to hold him and comfort him.
he could not be bothered with that, he wanted to go play.
and don't worry it wasn't dripping on the play set.....i don't think.
aj wet wiped him up eventually . . . because people were starting to stare.
********************************************************************************

it looks like we are going to have a calm weekend.
i'm so excited!
first one in months, it seems. 
i may even find a yard sale or two to go to if i can.
maybe the farmer's market?
it doesn't matter, as long as i've got my man home.

have a great weekend friends!! Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Stop it! Can't stop laughing about the bathtub rhyming. That is hilarious, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Angela! Seriously still laughing...out loud! Ang can't say much, she's the one with a cat named Faulkner. Just sayin' Ang!

    I just love love love your blog! It makes me wish we had gotten to be better friends when we lived there! :) I feel like I know you so good, but then when I think about it...I don't! ha!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, i just love your posting. and I love your family. But if your son teaches my boys some bad words, that'll be IT. Wait a minute...I'm pretty sure I'm the one who gets the evil eye for saying words like "turdy" around your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I had to stop and put my face in my hands because I was laughing so hard at the bathtub rhyming game...and the way you wrote about it. Awesome hilariousness, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a blog in months...and now you are making me want to go catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! I don't even know which one to comment on first...
    Ok...f---y ---That's hilarious.

    Knee stuck--you are a great momma. We all do stuff like that. Maybe to keep us humble? Who knows. : )

    I am with you all the silly bands and I LOVE your "mwaaa ha ha ha ha!".

    I just wish I would have come up with silly bands! We'd be rollin' in the dough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw those for the first time this weekend! I had no idea what they were.

    OK . . . off to read the rest of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. funny, funny, It was a great monday morning laugh...Hey I have 4 and I usually asking the oldest to watch the small one for 5 sec to catch a shower and the whole time the oldest is screaming at me "momee He's crying", so I am sure the youngest will scream instead of talk. love the popsic, great project for the 4th..

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was hilarious. i was also laughing out loud.
    you make me want to be a better mom. i love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)