Tuesday, June 8, 2010

and my persistence pays off.

i finally got a rug!!

only 4 months after putting our new floors down.

i've searched & searched for a living room rug.

i looked on overstock, ebay, craig's list, the company store, west elm, lowes, t.j. maxx, home depot, target etc., etc.

i found one i liked on overstock and it sat in my cart forever because i just couldn't pull the trigger. it was knowing that even though they tempt you with that cheapo shipping, if i didn't like it, i'd have to sell my right leg to ship it back.

i even bought a couple, tried them out and returned them.

finally on one golden day last week, i quickly perused the rugs walmart.com.

 by the way, my price goal was around $200.
which is no easy task for an 8X10 rug.

if i'd had a limitless budget i could have found countless rugs i love.  highever i am cheap and would rather wait to find what i want on sale than to throw down a bunch of money on something i will probably be tired of in a year.  and, that money could be much better spent on ...oh say, orphans or missionaries.  i just have trouble spending a grand on a rug when their are starving babies.  but i digress. . .

back to the rug!
it was on roll back for $100.  that is just crazy talk.
for an 8X10.
that ships for FREE.
yep, that's right.  the idea of not having to haul my 3 kids into a store and drag out an 8X10 rug that probably weighs as much as i do was music to my ears.
plus if i didn't like it i could return it to the walmart store for free. 

and yesterday (less than a week after i ordered it), it was on my doorstep.

hip hip hooray.



it's even better in person.
i think it looks clean, modern & cozy. and it helps off set those dark floors.

do you notice my new coffee table?

scored that at our community group's yard sale last weekend.

i moved the trunk that was acting as our coffee table to our entry way.
right under all of our jackets. (?????)

i guess my next project should be, put away our winter stuff. Pin It

9 comments:

  1. i really like to formatting of your page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! So happy that your perseverance paid off! It looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new rug and how much warmth it adds to the space!!! Your decorating style is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! I LOVE good deals :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! ...And the light and airy is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning. :o)
    Your rug looks great! We have been in our home for 4 years and yet to find an area rug that will not kill off our budget. I was curious if your rug is the canopy shag at Walmart? I am on line looking right now. The cost is below $100.00 and has the no skid backing.
    I hope you are having a great weekend. My chalk board is drying, will sand and put another coat. I even had enough of the fiber board for another chalk board.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)