Wednesday, June 8, 2011

sweet flower headband

for a sweet baby girl joining us later this summer. :)


this will be the first of many if i have my way.

i made this sweet little headband based off of emily's flower tutuorial.

it was very easy & very fun.
immediate results kind of fun....just the way i like it.

i grabbed 1/4 of a yard of mocha-ish polyester satin & a bag o' rhinestones {half off of course} at hobby lobby.
everything else, i had on hand.
you can read emily's tutorial for the exact instructions, but basically you cut circles, burn the edges until they curl & then sew them together to make a flower.


i added a piece of felt to the back for added softness for baby girl's head & sewed the whole thing to a piece of elastic i found in my sewing box.

the elastic band is around 13 inches...which is supposed to be for a newborn size head.


i think i need to make one in every color.
i'd like to find some antique buttons or jewelry to attach to the centers.

like this one from etsy.....


emily {jones design company} has several tutuorials on fabric flowers that i plan to try out soon.


can't wait to see this one on our girl's sweet head. :) Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those are gorgeous! I'm not very crafty, but I'm tempted to try to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I want one! One of my life's goals is to learn to sew (if I ever get out of language school!). Where did you learn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty & glam! Looks easy to make as well! Visiting & following from Homemaker on a Dime.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty.:) now, i want to make one. before you know it, your daughter will be wearing one. have a great day.:)lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)