Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a dye job

aj and i love our tom's shoes. 
i've professed my love for them on this blog a time or two
i have the wedges.
i so wish i was confident enough in my 5 foot stature to wear the flats....maybe someday.
i wish there was an in-between tom from the flat to the wedge.
blake, could ya get right on that? 
kthanks.

anyhow, aj has the classic, ash gray pair. 


he loves them.
he wears them all the time.
they're especially hot when he wears them with shorts.
just sayin'. ;)

well . . . after a while of wearing them they start to look like this:


yikes.
i banned him from wearing them until i could find a remedy.

then my friend callie did a tutorial on dying toms
woo hoo a cheap box of rit dye was going to give these bad boys a new life.

basically you just paint black rit dye on with a paint brush.
they look like this when they're still wet:


already an improvement.

we let them dry overnight in front of the fridge vent.


are we the only ones who dry shoes this way?
yes? mkay.

and here they are now....


aaahhhh, much better.
so there you go....a super cheap fix for your worn out toms.

:) Pin It

5 comments:

  1. have always dried my shoes in front of the fridge & thought I was the oddball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never heard of tom's shoes before...off to look at their website....
    we have a boot/shoe dryer that we bought from amazon to dry our shoes...or, we use the heat or ac vent.... works well too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, no! Always put our shoes in front of the fridge to dry...that's how my mom does it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my hubby will love this! He loves Toms but we have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)