Monday, June 13, 2011

a weekend wrap up

happy monday y'all.

it's after 5.
aj is on his way home from work and i'm just now starting to blog.

we swam for a good portion of the afternoon....my usual blogging time.
it was lovely. 

when i did sit down to blog, i started reading other blogs and eating minature mounds....i will not disclose how many.

my boys are going to art camp every morning this week.
they love it...they are doing lots of fun projects.
the perfect kind of camp for my creative boys.
it's a win-win. :)
sawyer and i had a fun time shopping clearance at target.
i came home with a down comforter, white towels for our bathroom and a little polka dotty ruffly dress for baby sister. :)

this past weekend i had my annual girl's weekend.
it was so great.
6 out of 7 of us were able to make it this year.


we met up in dallas.
we stayed in aloft hotel in the world's weirdest room.
we determined that it looked a lot like a boy's dorm room.
but no matter, we had a blast.
talking, eating, relaxing, shopping.



and a major highlight for me.....
IKEA!!!


this was my first ever trip to ikea and i loved it.
seriously, why is the closest ikea 6 hours away???

i got some adorable polka dot juice glasses and a bunch of window hardware for our playroom.
i could have stayed there all day.

on the way home 3 of us were riding together and took an hour and a half detour the wrong way.
it was awesome.

okay...i guess i should go feed my family some dinner. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a lot of fun.
    you are very lucky.
    i also loooooove ikea.
    they have such great products there.
    i loooooooove it. did i say that aready? well, i do.
    have a good week.:)lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first trip to IKEA!!!! Isn't it amazing!?!? Ours is just 30 minutes away so we make frequent trips... we are planning on moving back to the Midwest though when my husband gets out of the Air Force and when we do move somewhere I REALLY hope there is an IKEA close by.
    I love the picture with all of you in your dresses. I love this trend but whenever I try one on I feel like I am in a big sack. I should just buy one and wear it anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, my nearest Ikea is five or six hours too, and I'm still trying to make it there. I envision it being a very life altering event.

    My heart actually feels full right now. I think it's because I'm just so darn pleased with the idea of someone have a girl's weekend with their closest friends every single year. It's inspiring. I need to go make some friends.

    No that last one was a joke. I do have friends. I just need to steal them for a weekend. Heck, I need to steal ME for a weekend. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikea...too funny. When we lived in Tulsa, I was always sad that it was so far away. Now that we have one less than an hour away, my husband won't set foot in it! I guess it's for the best, because the Lord knows that it is a big weakness for me! (And they have that same lunch here also- but for about $6 more- and that's a great deal!)

    The coordinating outfits are too cute, by the way. What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)