Friday, June 1, 2012

instafriday, summer edition

happy june 1st, friends!!
isn't june such a happy month? love it.

we're getting in the summer swing of things around here.
i'm sleeping in a bit . . . which means 6:30 instead of 5:30, don't get excited.
the house is a complete wreck.
but we're happy and we're together.
trying to focus on what matters and not the fact that you can't walk through the kitchen without getting weirdo crumbles on the bottom of your feet.





there's a bit of adjustment for the boys to get used to so much free time.
we have some school attitudey detox stuff to work through...but we'll get there. ;)





avery made his own battleship game and we've played it several times.
his creativity continues to amaze me.





can you stand the cuteness?
tutu swim suits are the most brilliant invention ever.
adorbs.



just three kids on a boat sailing the high seas.
no big deal.


sometimes i get a bit overwhelmed being one on five. {five kiddos when i have meliyah}
five that are nine years old and younger.
we had to get out yesterday, so i took our motley crew to chic-fil-a for lunch.
thank Jesus, they all did wonderful.
and ruby, sweet, teething, high-maintenance ruby was happy in the high chair the entire time.
she entertained herself and was happy and content. 
that was a sweet, much-needed gift.
it did a lot for my spirits.





and so did my large sweet tea.
and the refill that lasted me all afternoon.
and got me through a rousing game of pictureka.
;)



we ended our night with a two hour baseball game.
avery's team won. :)
we got home late and the kids went to bed way after bed time.
but don't worry, they woke up at the same crack of dawn time that they usually do. :))

link up your weekly cell phone pics with me over at jeannett's!

life rearranged


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. weird crumbles under foot...oh how I can relate.
    cute post!
    excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "trying to focus on what matters and not the fact that you can't walk through the kitchen without getting weirdo crumbles on the bottom of your feet." This literally made me cry. It's been one of those weeks . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hear you, sara. wish i could give you a hug and bring you some treats.

      Delete
  3. well said. :)
    I hired a babysitter this week, one that I can't really afford at all, to try to reclaim some sanity that has been lost over the last few months.
    and probably going to start again July 1st.
    Focusing on what matters too, and this week has been beautiful with the mini- break. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was just thinking today that i need to have someone come for a few hours each week so that i can get out by myself for a few hours. probably cheaper than therapy. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh I know all about the need to detox from the school attitude, working on that with my 7 year old!

    I've started reading "Christian Heroes: Then & Now" with my boys each afternoon, 1 chapter at a time. We just finished Amy Carmichael...of course I had to "edit" various parts since it's geared for older kids, but we enjoyed it and it's been a great springboard to discuss deeper topics like dedicating your life to bring glory to God and helping others, etc. We're starting the C.S. Lewis one today.

    Of course it's also a struggle 'cause the boys will get distracted, fight, fidget, but I try to keep going and now they'll even remind me what we need to read our chapter or tell me what chapter we've left off on.

    Anyways, check out the series if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! great idea! i will def check it out!!

      Delete
  5. Such cute pictures! i haven't checked your blog in a while, so i got all caught up with the adorable pics. have a great summer. yes, i know..i have 3 kids.. and it's going to be a long summer. i tell my kids it can either turn out to be a great summer being home, or a not so great summer being home-their choice. hahah.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tutu swimsuit is adorable!! Ruby's headband is darling too, you have quite the beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)