Wednesday, June 27, 2012

today


this week we are spending in.the.water.

the big boys have swim lesson every afternoon this week, plus practice swims on 3 nights this week, plus it is 108 degrees.
truly.
that pool water feels RE-freshing right now.



i bought this snow sled for like a dollar at the thrift store a few months ago.
it did not snow one time this winter.
fine by us.
it makes a perfect water float/board/boat/pirateship/liferaft/pool toy.



she does not get to actually eat the icy pops.
she does like to play with them because they're cold and not a toy.
because what baby wants to play with baby toys?
not mine.


sawyer's bestie, simeon came over to play today.
friends make summer days fun.

sigh.
i want summer to last forever.
it is the best.

so i have a million projects i want to get done this summer.
okay ten.
but really, any ideas on how i am going to do that?
it's almost july.
how do you get big projects done?
i still have my winter clothes hanging in my closet and in my drawers.
my summer clothes are half hung up and half pouring out of a tub on my closet floor.
pitiful.

also, i need to deal with the eleventy billion papers that have piled up from mail/school/blahblahblah.

the problem is....when i have some free time...i either need to be doing basic household chores or i want to do something fun like spray paint something or craft something.
hence, the clothes situation.
any tips?
or just let it go and try again next year? :)

hope you're having a lovely summer day......




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. enjoy the moments - when all is said and done, what do we remember - that our closet was perfect or the times of summer with a mom who is present in her children's lives? that said, if all the clutter bothers you (as it does me), set your microwave timer for 15 minutes and do something - anything toward decluttering. by the looks of things, you are doing SO much right. thanks for asking for my imput.
    deb in kansas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for this perspective. I really appreciate it. You're so right. Also, thank you for the timer tip! I'm going to try that!

      Delete
  2. the picture of ruby sitting down...i just want to squeeze those legs of hers. so cute.
    yes, what anonymous said...whenever i think that other things are so important to get to, i just think to myself, when i am very very old and laying in bed, will i be thinking, i am so glad i organized my house all those days, or i am so glad i kept that house clean...no, i will think "i am so glad i spent all those wonderful moments with my children, instead of cleaning that day," etc...

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)