Saturday, November 24, 2012

instasaturday and stuff

hiya.
we've had a nice week.
it's been so nice to have a break from homeschool and running here and there and everywhere.

the kids and i have done lots of playing and reading books and just spending some relaxed time together.
okay i wouldn't necessarily say that i have relaxed as much as i wanted to...but we have had some great quality time together.



avery built a lego guy.
legos and nerf guns are pretty much the only toy that he plays with anymore.
he builds with legos every single day.
he doesn't use patterns or instructions.
he just thinks of things and build's them.




i've been seeing sweater skirts at stores and i thought to myself, "self, you can make that."
i've had this sweater that i love {hand me down from my friend, erin} but haven't worn it because it was just ill fitting.



on monday night i was going out to dinner with friends so i quickly sewed this into a skirt about half an hour before it was time to leave.
i just cut it straight across under the arm pits, sewed a pocket for elastic, threaded the elastic through, and done.
new skirt for frizeeee.



i saved out the Grimm, Aesop, & Anderson book from a set of Harvard Classics that i put in our flea market booth. 
i thought maybe Avery would be interested in it.
he loves it.
he said it ties for third in his favorite books {along with the Bible and Wonderstruck}.
he read it for hours.



sister wore her first hair clip this week.
for about 5 minutes.


sawyer turned four on wednesday. 
that seems so old for my baby boy.




driving home from lunch on wednesday, avery said he was going to clean out the car.
so that's what he did.
he got three sacks. a throw away sack, a keep and put away sack, and an i don't know what to do with this sack. :)
as soon as we got home we got started. 
what a huge blessing. 
our car looked like a giant trash heap so maybe he was embarrassed. or just wanted a place to walk. :)
either way, i was so thankful that he took the initiative to help out. 
i love my kids.




sweet ruby girl likes to play with her toys and look at her books.
she's changing so much all the time.
one thing that's not changing is how stinkin' adorable/beautiful/cuddly/amazing she is.




my sister in law, tonya, brought some of her beautiful, original fabric art for our booth.
if you're local, you need to come see it.
each piece is one of a kind.
she uses many upcycled materials including vintage fabrics which you know i love.




thanksgiving day with my girlie girl.



we had the most amazing food on thanksgiving.
aj's mom, pam, and i worked together to make the meal.
i made a turkey...in a bag for the first time. it was juicy and delish.
i always stuff a stick of butter inside my bird & rub another one all over the outside.
plus i shove some butter in between the skin and the meat.
when in doubt, add more butter. amen.

also, i made pioneer woman's thanksgiving stuffing.
holy cow.
it was the best stuffing in the history of ever.
so good.
i had 3 helpings.

also i made my step-mom's sweet potato casserole which is like sweet potato flavored candy.
it is southern and awesome and it will make a believer out of any sweet potato hater.



i loved having aj home all day.
can't get enough of that guy.



aj's sister, tonya and her husband, dana have 3 boys and a girl as well.
six little boy cousins.
they love each other dearly.
and they are louder than you could imagine.
so thankful they have so much fun together.



tonya also brought stacks of vintage linens from kansas for the booth.
we have very similar taste so she is a great personal shopper. :)




tonya and i went and crammed the booth full of her art and loads of vintage items.
seriously, i am loving this booth.
you may get sick of me talking about it. ;)



it was fun to see the booth much more full and cluttery...just the way i wanted it.
i plan to add more stuff every few days so it will stay fresh.
i am also looking for another shelving unit or dresser to use for display.

we are calling the booth, sweet petunia, because that is what my daddy has called me my whole life.
it's who i am. ;)


okay friends, i'm going to go sit by the fire and enjoy this peaceful saturday afternoon.

happy weekend, y'all!




Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Your blog always makes me smile- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, your posts always make me happy. Especially with little Ruby to bring a smile to my face.
    Glad your Thanksgiving went so well.
    It is wonderful when we are surrounded with the blessings in our lives, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love how positive you are about everything - including loud little boy cousins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I think I need to find myself a sweater to make me one of those skirts!

    And yes, it's just amazing how positive you are all.the.time., I need more of that in my life so I appreciate your good example! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. you're so sweet. I try to be positive. not always easy. ;)

      Delete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)