Monday, December 20, 2010

chocolate covered peanut butter crackers

i love making christmas goodies to pass out to friends and family.
i gave this last minute gift idea last year.
however i realized, in looking back through my blog, i haven't shown any of my favorite treats that i love to give out.
i hope to share some of them with you this week.
today's treat is a new one for me.
it's pretty much a glorified reese's {YUM}
and it's so stinkin' easy.
which is mandatory for me.

you need 3 ingredients {and you probably already have these in your pantry}.
ritz crackers
chocolate chips {or white chocolate if you're sassy}
peanut butter
*optional: sprinkles


1. pour a bag o' chocolate chips into an oven safe bowl at 300-ish so they can start melting.

2. slap some peanut butter between two ritz....top sides facing each other.

3. check the chocolate chips every so often and give them a stir.

4. when the chocolate is melted and your cracker sandwiches are ready, you drop them in, one at a time and turn them around with your fork until they're nice & coated.
5. lift out the chocolate covered peanut butter sandwich with your fork, tap the fork on the side of your bowl a few times to let the excess chocolate drip down.
6. slide them onto some wax {or parchment} paper
7. while they're still wet, shake on some fun sprinkles.
 i used pink, red, white & lime green sprinkles.

8. put them in the freezer for a few minutes so that the chocolate will harden.
9. if you can control yourself and not eat them all on the spot, pop them in some christmas cello bags and you have a super cute & sweet gift!

enjoy! let me know if you try these. :)

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Those are some of my favorite cookies! I also love them in the white almond bark as well! Might make some of them this week for Santa! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. go, you! did you make these already this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my grandma's specialty. My mouth is watering just reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. christine...i made them yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome. And "stinkin' easy" enough for even me to try. It's a little harder than spaghettios, but I'll try.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my family makes them with white chocolate. so yummy. about to go make some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST TWO??? i guess it'd be okay for you to limit me since i wouldn't be able to limit myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, these look amazing. I think I'll add these to my list of goodies for baking day on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey tonya it's actually 3 you greedy gus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are even better with nutella in the middle instead of peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a child with allergies, but this is one that I can modify to make for him. Yay! What fun! Praying for you, Sara. You will get settled in. It sounds like you are still having fun in the midst of your craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to tell you that I made a batch of these little yummies last night...my hubby and kids are in love! (Okay, me too...I may have had two so far -- or five). Mmmmmm....

    Thanks so much for sharing the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yay Christine!

    and anonymous...thank you for your prayers. i so appreciate them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)