Wednesday, December 22, 2010

pretzel kisses

this is my favorite, favorite, favorite christmas treat to make with the kids.
it's so easy {do we notice a theme here?}.
the kids can help and it doesn't stress me out.
we make these every year.

you need:
*pretzel squares
*m&m's
*chocolate kisses
 * some super cute helpers

my little sister hannah is here for a couple of days so we had an extra helper.  :)

the kids did this while i cut up chicken for tonight's white chicken chili. win-win. 

first you lay out a single layer of the pretzels on your cookie sheet.
then have your helpers unwrap all those kisses and put one on each pretzel square.
put them in a 350ish oven for 2-3 minutes.
watch them! you don't want to overcook them or you will be throwing the whole pan in the trash.
cook them just until you can put the end of your wooden spoon on a kiss and it presses down.
then pull them out and put one m&m on each melted kiss & push it down to flatten it some.
that is it! they're so easy & yummy.
if you like a salty/sweet combo, these are for you.
 i usually put them in the freezer for a few minutes to harden up.
we've made all different combinations of these using different flavors of kisses.
this year we've done peppermint kisses and my personal favorite, dark chocolate kisses.

oh and another yummy variation is to use a rolo and put a pecan on the top....it comes out tasting like a turtle.  you know you want to try that.


one of my favorite ways to package up christmas treats is using recycled canisters from things like formula cans, oatmeal cans, coffee cans, etc. 
this one is an oatmeal can w/ wrapping paper taped on & a quick tule knot. 

i clean out the can & put the treats, wrapped in tissue paper, inside.

good thing my friends who helped me move didn't see my stash of canisters. ;)


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll try these tomorrow- thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long will Hannah be staying with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these tonight with the boys. Thanks for the great and EASY idea. big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yay Ton! Can't wait to see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)