Wednesday, December 1, 2010

that's it.

i am old.

growing up, i always looked about 3 years younger than i was.
 remember this hot pic from the 6th grade??

in high school i got carded to go into the weight room that had an age limit of 14.

in college i got carded to see an R rated movie.
also in college, while on a date, i was given a kid's menu.
yeah.  that felt awesome.

once when i was pregnant with avery, aj's family and I went out to eat.
the hostess looked at our group and said, "5 adults, 1 child...."(then she looked down at my huge belly) and said, "oh, you are with child."

a child's menu is for TWELVE AND UNDER. 

nothing makes you feel hot like getting a child's menu.

oh, and once i opened my door with a baby on my hip and the door-to-door sales lady asked me if my mommy was home. ha ha ha ha ha!!!

anyhooooooooo.....the point is.....

i've always looked young...but lately..... i'm feeling old.
i've got bags under my eyes and the smile lines are starting to appear.
sigh.
and to top it all off.....
last night at walmart i found out that if you buy spray paint the computer beeps at the checker and they have to verify that you're 18.
i buy spray paint all. the. time
and i have never been carded.
so that's it,  it's official. i now look old.

however i am holding on to hope because the receptionist at the dentist office today told me that i look just like Juno.

not sure if i should take that as a compliment or not...... Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you'd still get carded if we went out for margaritas and you know it!

    I've decided I like my grays and my wrinkles. I earned them.

    (Well, I'm not super crazy about the gray hairs because they shoot out all wonky.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I was about to tell you that you're really starting to look like an old lady. You know...be honest with ya'.

    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

    Just because you might not look 18 doesn't mean you look old by any means. You're such a stinkin' cutie!

    Also...I am happy that you're getting lines from smiling. You have to earn those by smiling a lot. : )

    I am getting furrow lines on my brow...what does that mean? ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are old. N.O.T.

    and oh, the days of big hair, huh? :)

    Funny.

    Made me smile.

    Thank you sara

    God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seriously made me giggle. Really hard. Those stories are hilarious but my goodness, what a nice problem to have. I'm turning 30 in a few months and I just noticed my neck is getting wrinkly?! Jesus better come back soon because if I'm stuck with this neck for another 30 years it ain't gonna be pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)