Friday, December 3, 2010

home.

we are moving tomorrow.
it's hard to wrap my mind around those words.
but honestly i'm ready to get it over with already.
today will be more packing, packing, packing.
hopefully while listening to Christmas music & drinking peppermint mocha coffee.

i am a pretty sentinmental gal, so there are some things i am going to miss about this sweet house we've lived in for five years...

i'm going to miss our sweet faux wood floors that we laid ourselves with our (and dave & zach's) own blood, sweat & tears.

i am going to miss my giant chalkboard that aj and i made.
it has been awesome.
we've used it every day.
see how we made it here.
i will miss my 7 dollar chandy.
i will miss the boys' freshly painted bathroom, the plethora of closets, the fenced back yard,  my huge bathroom....
however, mostly i am thinking about all of the wonderful memories we have made here.

we brought fin home from the hospital.
and sawyer.

 i have spent my days here with these sweet boys.
what a gift.

my boys (all 4 of them) are my home.
wherever we are, as long as we're all together, that's home. Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Your house is beautiful, Sara. I felt the same way when we moved out of our house in Cincinnati. Bringing home babies to a house really "ups" the sentimental value, doesn't it? You've done so many cute things to this house - the new owners are lucky to get it! I'm excited for your new journey as you move into the other house. It's always a pleasure reading your blog and keeping up with your precious family! Praying the move goes well for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post....I hope the move goes super smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is so sweet. Especially the newborn baby pictures. Can you believe how much they change in a year? It floors me. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the comment this morning. That was a fun surprise.

    Good luck with the move! It's going to be exciting and challenging, but just think about all the wonderful things that might happen in your new house. I get chills when I think about that adoption jar and you guys getting a daughter. I deeply grieved not having a daughter of my own but hadn't considered adoption until I read your posts about it. All good things start in prayer, so that's where I'm at right now. Just asking Him if that's something we should be open to. Blessings on you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A house can become a home and a home can become a friend. I can’t help it, I read and I smile with every sentence, every picture. God bless you and your (4) boys in your new home. It will become a friend too.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get it - moving IS sentimental! Hang in there, I'm sure we'll be hearing that smile on your face soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen. As we prepare to move to France in 10 days, I am repeating this to myself over and over (home is where our family is).

    One of my good friends reminded me the other day that our true home is heaven. Sometimes I forget.

    Praying that you all get moved over and unpacked soon. Enjoy the transition as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)