Monday, January 9, 2012

christmas happenings recap

okay i know everyone is so over christmas already....but for memory's sake i want to post a few photos of our christmas merriment.

after we had our own family christmas, we had three more family christmases.

first we had christmas with my mom and david and my niece & nephew.


it was pretty low key but also pretty fun.
we ate pizza and chocolate cake and hung out by the fire.
i didn't take many photos but AJ did capture the aftermath of the gift giving.


a few days before christmas we headed up to kansas to spend time with AJ's family.
we always have such a blast there.
it's a full house and very lively.

there are six grandsons and they have so much fun together.




one of my favorite things we do together is play games.
as soon as the kids go to nap or bed, we grab the snacks and games.
this year it was farkle. we also love settlers of catan and bananagrams.


this was ruby's first trip to kansas.
she was a big hit.


aj loves to show off his daughter.


our 4 year old nephew, coen, was so sweet to her.
precious.



every year the boys sing christmas carols for grandma.


sawyer has taken in his brothers' footsteps and wears a costume every. single. day.
new buzz costume = perfection.



this scarf is now making it's third appearance on the blog...along with the awesomesauce vintage apron from jill. 
i like to try on my gifts immediately. :)


on our last day in kansas we got to try out grandpa's four wheeler.
that was my first time to drive a four wheeler.
i have a need for speed. that was fun stuff.


when we got home we had one final christmas celebration with my dad, step mom and little sister.
i made chicken and dumplings. yum.
and again...enjoyed myself too much to pick up a camera.
i need to get better about taking pictures at family gatherings...every photo on this post was taken by someone else.
also, i've gotten in the lazy habit of just taking pictures with my phone and calling it a day.

we did manage to get one picture of that day.
grandaddy and grandmama gave avery an early birthday present.....


if you know my avery, you know that this is the most perfect book for him.

for new years eve we hung out with some of our favorites, had a date night, and played just dance until the clock struck midnight, drawing a curtain on 2011.

what a great year it was. :)





Pin It

5 comments:

  1. We also love Settlers of Catan . . . have you played Ticket to Ride? If not, I recommend that game, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, yay!! thanks for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you on the 4-wheeler really gave me the giggles. I don't know if it's the helmet or what but you look tinier than usual and the guy on the back with the death grip on the handles is entertaining too. This was a fun post~ stop being so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see the boys with nintendo ds! they must've loved getting those. very nice pictures.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Settlers of Catan. We are practically addicted. Great blog, I stumbled upon it by accident and really enjoyed it. And I especially love the header! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)