Monday, January 23, 2012

confessions of a slacker mom

i only make my bed when we have company . . . and even then it's iffy.

i have the boys make their beds about once every two weeks.

i forget to have the boys practice piano until the day of lessons.

i am terrible at working with the boys on spelling words, math facts, etc.

i am likely the most unorganized person in the whole world with regards to printing photos, backing up photos and well.....organizing them.

i pretty much always miss sign ups for activities and either have a late fee or miss the thing all together.

i spit washed some unidentified white spot off our couch yesterday.

at this moment there's a container of molded food in the back of the fridge that i am ignoring.
ignore it and it will go away.

there are enough toys in our van to keep a preschool class entertained for a week.

i never fold the clothes right out of the dryer. they usually sit crumpled up in a basket for a few days before I fold them. then they sit folded for another few days before sawyer tosses them about and mixes them up with the dirty pile and we start the whole thing over again.



now don't you feel better about yourself?
you're welcome. :)

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh this Monday morning. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. sara, i do 8 of the things on your list also....haha.
    and yes, the other day, i checked in our frig..i found an old onion inside an onion holder that had so much mold on it and it was so gross...the date on it was sept. 18th....have no idea how i forgot about that.luckily, it didn't smell since it was in a container.
    so, you are not alone. haha. have a great week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I'm not the only one doing this stuff...as my laundry sits in baskets waiting to be folded for the second day in a row. Happy Monday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely relate to the only making your bed if company is coming and never folding the clean clothes right away! Glad to know I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been feeling really guilty about how many toys are in our car and I get quite stressed about that rotten milk smell if anyone rides with us. There are a few more things too, but let's leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *LOVE* this post! It makes you feel somewhat normal, because I do a lot of the same exact things! =) Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, sounds just about right for my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, lately I've been having to rewash the same load of clothes in the washer because I've been too preoccupied to put them in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's ok I only make my do my chores if Mom makes me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks :) glad i'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sound just like me.. seriously in every point.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)