Friday, January 6, 2012

instafriday

and now for my weekly smattering of phone pics . . .


since we've been married, AJ and i have just given each other stocking gifts at christmas.....but somehow, he always manages to put something extra special in the bottom of mine. 
this year he got me this necklace from the vintage pearl and i love it. 
it's the layered mother of peal necklace and it is perfect. 



my big, handsome nine year old boy got to go pick out a new bike for his birthday.
AJ texted me this picture while they were gone....he said avery was so proud. :)
and by the way, best gift ever, he's been riding around like crazy since he got it.
finley learned to ride without training wheels on the same day. double bonus.
it doesn't hurt that it's been in the 60's this week.
keep it comin' arkansas.


hello cupcakes.
i may never make a cake again.
cupcakes are so so good.
chocolate (with a tad extra oil and a tad undercooked. hate me.) with buttercream frosting. sinful.



praise Jesus, AJ had the monday after new years off.
we played monopoly as a family.
avery calls it monopuly.
we ate candy and enjoyed our boys being old enough to play a game we all enjoy.
monopoly and sports cards are the only things avery asked for for christmas.
sweet boy.



some of ruby's headbands.
when you can make them yourself, why not have one to go with every outfit??



we tried to make the most of the boys' last few days off of school this week.
we busted out the new crayon maker.
it worked great and the boys loved it.
it does require some patience....i was glad we did this during sawyer's nap.


this girl.
head over heels. can't get enough.


more christmas break fun....big foam pit and trampolines at gymnastic joes.
they had a blast and didn't stop moving for an hour straight. it rocked.



we received so many pretty cards this christmas.
i usually put them all up on the fridge so we can see our friends' smiling faces all year long.


big boys on first day back at school.
they are half way through first and third grade. wow.
i so enjoyed them being home.
i miss them but i really felt like we made the most of our time off.
i try to have all my stuff done so that i am "on" when they come home and can really focus on them.
that helps a ton.



big girl in the bumbo seat.
she likes to supervise my cooking.
and slobber all over herself and her teething toy.


my mom brought by all her old buttons and some of my grandmas.
this. is. a gold mine.
i lovey love love old buttons.
i have been looking for a jar of them at thrift stores for months.
this is way better because they're my mom and grandmas.
and there was a sweet surprise inside, one of my old hair barrettes. :)
little miss ruby may get to wear it if she ever grows hair.



she also brought me my grandma's sewing stuff.
wooden spools. paper bobbins.
little tiny jars of notions.
this is happy.

there's a wealth of possibilities right there.

now i think i'll go create something in the hour i have left before the impending chaos ensues....

happy weekend friends!!

life rearranged



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. what a sweet stocking stuffer! love the necklace. the pictures of sweet ruby are too cute also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of those headbands!
    Lucky Ruby!
    Love your necklace too!
    Happy 2012! Would love to play!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. your new necklace is beautiful! i have been wanting one of those but i decided i'd better wait until our family is "done." lol your husband did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally should make the Christmas card book! This is the first year I made one too (thanks to Pintrest) and even my hubby said it was a great idea when he saw it. I still need to make a cover for mine, but they look so cute in a book. I plan to have our family pray for the people in our book during the year and I think it will be fun to bring them out each Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable photos....loove loove looove the necklace also. you are one very lucky lady.:) although, i think you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same necklace but with only one circle with my three bambinos' names! Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)