Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ruby's nursery, updated



so i thought i'd share how ruby's room has evolved over the past few months since our little girl has taken up residence.

the first change is adding the bassinet.


i love this bassinet.
it is very special to me because my nephew, niece, little sister, and all my children have slept in it.
on the bottom, each of their names and birth dates are written.
now that ruby is too big for it, i moved it into her room.
i'm hoping she will eventually use it to play with her "babies."

of course her head band collection continues to grow. :)
she does need one for every outfit.



on top of her wardrobe i've added a book called "ruby's day" given to her by our friend's sweet mom.

i also added a piece of artwork, made by my sister-in-law, tonya.


she pieces together fabric and even prints on it with her computer.
this picture doesn't do it justice. it's has a really neat layered look and is just fabulous.
i'll let you know when she opens her etsy shop. {hint, hint.}


i also added these sweet baby dresses.


the one on top was my mom's going home from the hospital dress and the one on bottom is ruby's.
my mom said that my sister and i each wore her dress at one time when we were babies.



now that ruby is sleeping in her crib, the pillows were relocated to her toy bench.


yesterday i found this awesome floral print at the thrift store.


i quickly spray painted the frame at hung it up.


i'd like to find some more frames and add to her gallery over time. 
yes, that wet wipe tub is tacky but that's real life.

do you see that little stone in the silver dish?


finley found that outside one day and brought it in for her.
he said, "this is a gem for her because she's our precious gem."  
:)



*if you'd like to see more nursery pictures and how it came together, click on the "ruby's nursery" tab at the top. :)


Todays Creative Blog


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little room - I bet you had so much fun putting it together after those boys of yours! Happy Tuesday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I don't remember seeing the chenille curtains (bedspread?) before but I guess I just missed them. What a sweet story with the "rock." Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Finley is so precious. He reminds me of my Greyson, who I think is the same age. You have the best taste!

    Very very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love, love, love that blue dresser! Your creativity and ability to put things together are clearly a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness....thank you so much Dana! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)