Tuesday, April 3, 2012

today, right now.

this week is crazy and busy like all of our weeks seem to be lately.
finley turns 7 on thursday.
we have a little boy party for him on friday.
easter on sunday.

i spent 2 hours in wal-mart this morning.
and i have to go back tomorrow.

i had 2 sickies home yesterday.
ruby has had a fever on & off since yesterday morning and was up several times during the night.
i have some kind of weird, achy cough thing going on.

and yet, i am really happy.
honestly, this weather is so sunny and amazing, that none of this can get me down.

i feel like i'm drowning in to-do lists and emails unanswered and forms not filled out....but i am happy.
i am going to buy flowers to plant and dig my hands in the dirt and just try to do one thing at a time.
when life gets all crazy and overwhelming, i try to just take a deep breath, stop and think and pray and ask God to give me clarity.
and just try to do the next right thing.
which for right now, might just be a nap.

so here's to focusing on the good and letting the rest go. :)


have a happy day, friends. :)


p.s. what's your trick for thriving in the crazy and chaotic?


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I always just try to stop, breath, and pray for a minute. Usually just talking to Him helps me gain the right perspective again. Then, I just do one thing at a time (with Him in me and at my side).

    I think you are doing good :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)