Monday, October 1, 2012

simple fall mantel

you know what i am loving right now?

i love to open all the windows, put on my sweats and drape myself with a cozy blanket.
oh and have a warm cup of tea or coffee.
so. cozy. 
it's finally getting cool enough to feel like fall....not too hot, not too cold.

i love putting throws all around the house this time of year.
i need to be within arms reach of one at all times.
yesterday i scored this awesome cream afghan at the thrift store.
four bucks.
boom.



i also gave our mantel a little fall lovin' over the weekend.
i decided to forgo my go-to fall garland and come up with something new....using stuff i found around the house.



i have had this old frame in the garage forever, just waiting on the right project.
it was actually part of a mirror but the mirror broke so i've just been hanging onto the frame.
i love the fancy detail but the brassy gold got the boot.




i gave it a few coats with cream spray paint and i love how it turned out.
while i was at it, i spray painted some ceramic pumpkins that i already had with the same cream paint.




for the fall bunting i just cut out triangles from old book pages and wrote on them with a sharpie.
i hung them up with some twine and called it good.




it was so nice to have some free time on saturday to do something crafty.

who knows, next year i may drag out the orange leafy garland again . . . but this year, i'm digging the simplicity. :)






p.s. check out fox hollow cottage for more fall mantel inspiration. :) Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea, will defnitely try it next fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I'm totally with you on the simplicity this year. I love your style, everything always looks so pretty! I think I'm going to steal your "Give Thanks" bunting...love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple design and the simple message of this.

    Thank you so much for sharing and for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)