Tuesday, January 29, 2013

in which we really look like homeschoolers . . .

our weather this month has been straight up cray. cray.
one day bitter cold, next day sunny and 60.  i'll take it.
today is warm but windy and rainy with a side of tornado watches.

even though the flux in temps is no bueno for my kiddos' allergies, i have been so thankful for the bits of sunshine to warm my winter weary soul.
i am a summer girl, through and through, so i have to be very intentional to not just wish the winter days away.

when we do have a warm day, you better believe we are all outside, living it up.


even if we're all in pajamas at four in the afternoon.
 soooo typical for a homeschool day.


we do get up and get started with our day right away, but i am totally fine with us all staying in our pj's all day if we're not going anywhere.
i think i got myself dressed about 30 minutes before AJ got home so that i wouldn't look like a total scuzz for my man. :)


oh sawyer.
those rain boots that he wears 7 days a week are starting to smell rank.
he said he needs some "church boots" whatever that is so i've been keeping my eye out for a cute pair of cowboy boots.


my sweet, sweet sunshine boy.


i love how these brothers play together.
i am treasuring up these precious moments.


there's no joy like fake cheetos left over from a birthday party.
i will tell you, they are nasty and waxy tasting.
stick with the real deal.
however, my boys gobbled them up until i couldn't stand it any longer and through the bag away.


i love seeing my kids outside and dirty.
just makes my mama heart happy. :)


avery was working on carving a bow.
i love watching him create and work and figure things out.


my heart hurts at how big and old he's looking.



and of course sissy had to run around and get into everything she could get her hands on.



oh my. i love these little ragamuffin kids.




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Aren't they just the best all dirty and messy and fun? I won't tell you the temps around here for the past week or so. It would just make you jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather here in NC has been crazy, too. Yesterday afternoon was beautiful and my girls loved it! Today we are supposed to get those crazy storms. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. i love it! seeing your son and daughter in their pj's in the afternoon. haha. some days, i also stay in my pj's until right before my husband comes home from work...i wish i could live in pj's...
    cute pictures.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)