Thursday, January 10, 2013

oh, sawyer.


 how could i have known?
this third boy of mine.
i had no idea what a third boy personality would be.

 i daily shake my head at the wonder of this child.

this child who has surprised me in so many ways.
he is strong and sweet and loving and stubborn as the day is long.
he can melt my heart in one second {hello big brown eyes} and  make me think i'm going to lose my mind in the next.



he says things like, "mama you're my pwincess" and "when i gwow up i'm gonna be a power wanger an a cowboy."
he is an absolute delight and i love spending my days with him.
i am so thankful God entrusted me with this sweet little life.
i know how fast these days go, so i am treasuring each day of costumes and super heroes and his requests for me to read book after book after book.



one of our favorite things about sawyer is that he is his own person.
he wears some sort of costume seven days a week.
he wears black rain boots seven days a week.
he often wears a clip on tie clipped to his t-shirt.
a cape is near constant and he often wears a mask into the grocery store.
i love. it. 

he also says whatever he is thinking. . . which is pretty typical of a four year old . . . but also sometimes embarrassing.

like yesterday when we were leaving the library and we were waiting on the elevator that was taking forever to open.
ruby was screaming at the top of her lungs and wanting down and we were generally making a scene.
typical.
finally the doors opened and a tall lady walked out.

sawyer, at full volume, "mama, that wady is way bigger than you!"
ohmygosh. i die.
avery & i were already in the elevator {thankfully} and we both instinctively pushed ourselves back against the wall, willing those danged elevator doors to shut.
avery is staring at me with a wide open mouth and big eyes.
but sawyer's not done yet, "evwy wady is bigger than you, mama!"

oh my word, let it end.
finally, mercifully, the elevator doors shut.
and immediately avery and i launch into a speech to sawyer about how you don't comment on the way people look.

then i reminded avery how when he was little he turned around in the line at barnes & noble and asked me if the person behind us was a boy or a girl.
much worse. much, much worse.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)