Thursday, January 17, 2013

thrift store thursday

you know what is my favorite?
thursday mornings at the thrift store.
you can find me there {and the other regulars} every week.
thursday mornings are the day that the 50% stuff goes to 50 cents a piece and the 25% off stuff goes to 50% off.
it's a good day to be thrifting. 

thursday mornings are the one time in a week that i am totally alone.
i go hard and fast and try to get all my errands done in that 3 hours.
but my most favorite thing is to get a coffee and head to the thrift store. 

i have found so many great things that it's hard for me to shop retail anymore.
plus i think there's so much more character in a good, vintage find. 

wanna see what i got today? 



three sweet little boy ties, perfect for easter {97 cents each}.



little boy clothes in perfect condition.


three things for me...a fleece, a sparkly sweater and a dress.
i think i paid $4.50 for all three together.



this vintage, tweed hat is from last week but i looooove it so i had to share.
finley looks like a little stud muffin in it. :)




two vintage ties went directly to the booth. 




an old wooden drawer for 99 cents makes a great display for fabric.

not pictured, an awesome, looks like it's never been used, backpack for one of the boys. 

it was a good haul. :)

what about y'all? have you been thrifting lately? find anything good?

Somewhat Simple

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wednesdays are half price days at Salvation Army, a few weeks ago I scored oodles of floral patterned fabric for my bedroom re-do. And last week I found a tea towel of Castles of Scotland that will get framed for the bonus space when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love thrifting!! We have the cutest thrift store in an old awesome house. I know what you mean, I can't bring myself to buy very much retail anymore, especially clothes. I have a "flinch" point, and it keeps getting lower and lower! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)