Tuesday, January 15, 2013

wanna hear something funny?

yesterday i was standing at the kitchen sink watching finley and sawyer play on the trampoline together.
they were playing so sweet and happily.
i was feeling so thankful that they get to have each other.
i was stopping and taking notice of the precious moment.
i went over to my 1000 gifts log and added to the list,
*boys happily playing together and *i get the joy of watching them from the window.

no sooner had i put my pen down, then finley is coming inside screaming at the top of his lungs that  sawyer had bit him on the face {!!!} because he wouldn't play silver dollar city with him and instead wanted to swing.
are you kidding me?
seriously. i couldn't make this stuff up.


and now i will give you a laugh at my expense because that's how nice i am.

today the littles and i were at hobby lobby.
sawyer and i have to go to the bathroom {of course, because it's hobby lobby and hobby lobby makes you have to go to the bathroom. this is a proven fact.}
we go in and it's totally empty.
i help sawyer get situated.
then i go to the bathroom and ruby is happily running around the bathroom.
i decide to go ahead and leave the stall door open because no one is in there and i can keep an eye on the kids better.
not sure why i felt like i was at home or something?
i'm such a weirdo.
anyhow...i figure, if i hear the bathroom door swing open, i'll just quickly shut my stall door and all will be fine.
again, this was assuming that i'm not a total goober.
which we have now established, is not true.
anyhoo...doing my bidness, i realize there's wifi.
because of course i have my phone handy.
so i just start scrolling through my instagram.
{i can't believe i'm telling this to the world.}
all of a sudden it dawns on me that it's not just me and the kids in the bathroom and the feet i hear are not my kids!
i quickly shut the stall door and realize there are two more people in the bathroom!
one lady already in the stall beside me . . . so she had to walk past me . . . sitting on the potty, looking at my phone. . . and one lady standing right in front of me!!!!
yeah.
seriously, why do i do these things?
and yeah, i just gathered up the kids and got our hands washed like it was no big deal.
geesh.

bet they didn't expect that when they came to the restroom!
ha.



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! So funny!!! And yes... totally agree that Hobby Lobby makes you have to go to the bathroom. Never fails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed so hard I was shaking. But since I wasn't reading it on the toilet in a HobLob, no one really thought I was all that weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! I've done the open door thing to keep an eye on my kid too...just without the phone, but I wouldn't hold it pass myself either, heheh. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)